Sunday, July 04, 2010

A Taste of What is Coming...

Hello?

Tap tap tap...

Is this thing on?

I am working on a few things.... I am.  And I would love to show them to you all, yes, all of you, who have been, or have not been checking this sadly neglected blog for signs of life, signs of cooking, signs of anything really.. and here is a sneak peak of good things to come...

Fisk Kebabs ( although, let's be honest here and call a spade a spade, these are fish cakes, but not your friendly neighborhood pub's fish cakes, ho ho no, these fish cakes are for real men, or woman for that matter..)



And, as Laura Calder would put it, Craggy Chocolate cake, complete with lightly sweetened whipped cream and summer raspberries.  


Now all I have to do is edit some photos, put together a string of sentences and hit 'publish'... somehow this is an idea that has crossed my mind before... hmmmm...?

8 comments:

A Canadian Foodie said...

OH MY g!!! I struck Gold. Am still away. Left for Paris July 11th and we are currently in Belgrade. Have internet access and am catching up on my long neglected readings and you actually did write something! Bravo! I have missed your work!
I have posted several of my Paris experiences. More to come from the trip....
Happy summer.
:)
Valerie

D e g a i n e said...

looks delicious!!


D e g a i n e

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

El said...

It looks delicious!

Anita said...

Love your presentation with the chocolate cake! I love me a good raspberry/chocolate combo, yummers!

A Canadian Foodie said...

Tap... tap... tap... helloooo..... hellooo - anybody home??????

fromBAtoParis said...

I love the presentation of these fish cakes !!! There is something so alluring in its simplicity!

*Simply Colette* said...

Great food photography. I love it!

-nicolette

http://www.simplycolette.blogspot.com

www.photographygetaways.com

A Canadian Foodie said...

My dearest Nikki!
I miss your posts. I really do. You are such a talented photographer and a great read, as well. What are you doing? What are you up to? Fill me in... fill us all in.
:)
Also - I would LOVE it if you would chime in on my thanksgiving turkey dressing and cranberry sauce posts... I am asking readers to tell me how their traditional sauce differs than mine because I really am curious.
:)
Hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday weekend.
XO
Valerie